The Lower Mainland Purpose Society
Hours: 35 Hours a week (Full Time)
Monday to Friday
This position involves working in an organization that provides a number of different social service programs. The Receptionist is to provide reception, complete administrative duties, and maintain supplier accounts for the Administrative Office of the Lower Mainland Purpose Society for Youth and Families.
- Comfortable distributing harm reduction supplies to a varied clientele.
- Answers telephone effectively and politely.
- Maintains various supplier accounts.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail and messages.
- Word processing as needed.
- Codes accounts payable and processes staff expenses
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Some post-secondary education or training in office procedures such as a certificate or diploma from a secretarial or computer technology school or community college.
- One or two years’ experience working in an office environment with responsibility for reception, word processing, and basic accounting procedures.
- Experience working in a social service and non-profit setting beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Clear understanding of and adherence to professional boundaries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Publisher. Knowledge of accounting procedures an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
Apply in confidence to:
Lydia Steer, Coordinator
via fax (604-526-6546)
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com