Website Purpose Secondary School
Purpose Secondary School of the Lower Mainland Purpose Society for Youth and Families, New Westminster, BC, is seeking a full time Grade 8 and 9 teacher to teach English, Math, Social Studies, and Science.
Successful Applicants Must:
- Possess the qualities of a passionate educator who loves inspiring students to succeed.
- Experience and success working with diverse students with special needs, mental health challenges, and behavior and learning challenges.
- Have proven ability as an educator who is continually improving his or her practice to benefit the learning of his or her students through the pursuit Agency (in-house) and external opportunities for professional development.
- Be prepared and motivated to work collaboratively with our teachers and staff members to better meet the learning needs of the students.
- Further develop working relationships with other professionals within the Agency to affect best practice in program delivery and to develop a sense of collegiality within the Agency
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills to establish connections and meaningful working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Take on key areas of responsibility (e.g. music, visual arts, adventure based learning). This includes taking a lead role in developing these programs, communicating the intent, and assessing the efficacy of these programs.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Qualifications and demonstrated ability to teach Mathematics, English, Social Studies, and/or Science at the secondary level.
- Training and flexibility to adjust to other course assignment demands (e.g. teaching elective courses).
- The willingness to work on teacher teams to collaborate regarding curriculum assessment, instruction, and planning.
- The ability and desire to learn and utilize technology/computers in the instructional process and reporting procedures.
- Classroom management practices that maintain student dignity.
- An ability to work with students’ social and emotional needs.
- Ability to differentiate instruction and support varying learning needs.
- Experience with the new BC curriculum requirements with these subjects.
- Committed to both individualized and group processes.
- A genuine liking for and desire to work with adolescent students, including a commitment to sound instructional techniques that promote an effective learning environment and promote firm and fair discipline while maintaining the dignity of all learners.
- Computer related skills such as work processing for creating reports.
- A valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for).
- Emergency First Aid/Community Care.
- Class 4 Drivers license is an asset
Purpose Secondary School Timetable and Structures:
- Three terms per year
- 35 hour work week
- Courses: Three classroom courses per day, Monday to Thursday as well as responsibilities for supporting Guided Independent Studies.
- Attendance on Friday is compulsory (individual and small group student support, preparation, and collaborative planning and professional development).
Application Deadline: August 13th, 2018 or until position is filled.
Start Date: August 27th, 2018
Please submit cover letter, quoting the position you are applying for, and resume to:
Merrilyn Cook, School Principal
via fax (604-526-6546)
or email: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org