Lower Mainland Purpose Society
Position: Family Development Worker
35 hours per week
To assist families experiencing significant levels of stress or conflict; where the development of parenting strategies, a better understanding of child development, behaviour management skills and life coping skills will have an effect on reducing stress and promoting stability.
- Teach behaviour management techniques to families struggling to manage their children’s behaviour or having identified child protection concerns.
- Teach parenting skill building to assist in managing child’s behaviour and to assist the child to develop skills to manage their own behaviour
- Enhance a family’s ability to avoid family breakdown.
- Assist the family to manage or deal with a situational or emerging crisis and reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect.
- Participate in integrated case management, including monitoring and reviewing progress toward specified service goals and outcomes.
- Provide resources and services to stabilize families in crisis.
- Provide goal focused, brief intervention.
- Assess strengths and needs of the families.
- Work with at-risk and marginalized families within the community.
- Work with families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Maintain files in accordance with the accreditation standards.
- Work collaboratively with the funder and other community partners.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related area (e.g. social work, child and youth care, psychology) and 2-years experience in the field of family and children services, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of child development, positive parenting and family dynamics.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques.
- Knowledge of behavioral and neurological disorders.
- Experience working with at-risk children and families.
- Maintain current First-Aid and Non-Violent crisis intervention certificate.
- Vehicle required and flexibility to work evenings.
- Bilingual or Multilingual an asset.
Apply in confidence to:
Lynda Fletcher-Gordon, Program Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com