Lower Mainland Purpose Society
LOWER MAINLAND PURPOSE SOCIETY
Position: Family Development & Supervised Access Worker
$19. 50 hour / 28 hours per week
– Supervise visits between parents and children where there are child protection concerns
– Assist parents to develop appropriate parenting skills during the visits
– Communicate regularly with the child protection social workers
– Teaching behaviour management techniques and positive parenting skills to families struggling to manage their children’s behaviour or having identified child protection concerns.
– Provide resources and services to stabilize families in crisis.
– Provide goal focused, brief intervention.
– Assess strengths and needs of the families.
– Work with at-risk and marginalized families within the community
– Work with families from diverse cultural backgrounds
– Maintain files in accordance with the accreditation standards.
– Work collaboratively with the funder and other community partners
– Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related area (e.g. social work, child and youth care, psychology) and 2-years experience in the field of family and children services, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Knowledge of child development, positive parenting and family dynamics.
– Knowledge of behaviour management techniques
– Knowledge of behavioral and neurological disorders.
– Experience working with at-risk children and families.
– Maintain current First-Aid and Non-Violent crisis intervention certificate.
– Vehicle required and flexibility to work evenings.
Apply in confidence by January 26, 2018 to:
DJ Villacrusis, Director of Youth and Family Programs, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com