Position: Burnaby Youth Custody Services Addiction Counsellor
Hours per week: 28 hours/week Wage: $21.50/hour
This position requires flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities: Provides assessment, referral and counselling services to incarcerated youth affected by the use of drugs and alcohol/mental health issues.
Implement and evaluate client service plans for individuals.
Collaborate with other service providers to provide effective counselling services to the youth. Knowledge of community resources, treatment centres and social service networks and organizations.
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills
- Social Services degree and/or addiction certification required
- At least two years’ experience working with high risk youth
- Addiction program experience
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Excellent communication skills
- Individual counselling and group facilitation skills
- Strong case management skills
- Program design experience an asset
- Experience in a custody setting an asset
Apply in confidence to Lynda Fletcher-Gordon, Program Director
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org