Volunteering with Purpose
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Lower Mainland Purpose Society for Youth and Families, or “Purpose”, as it is popularly known. Volunteers make an invaluable contribution to the quality of services that Purpose provides for consumers.
Purpose Society is a community-based multi-service organization that delivers a continuum of programs to children, youth and families in the areas of: health, education, childcare, counselling and skill development.
The volunteer positions at Purpose are varied and require a wide range of interests and skills. All Purpose volunteer positions give individuals the opportunity to be part of a larger team, maintain established skills, learn new skills and knowledge, connect with community, explore career options, be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions, meet new people and have fun!
Volunteers are included in professional development seminars and workshops sponsored by the agency.
If you think you are interested in volunteering and would like to find out more, come meet the Volunteer Coordinator. We can discuss the activities you want to participate in and assist in matching your interests and skills with available positions.
New volunteers are asked to attend an interview, fill out an application form, complete an oath of confidentially and volunteer agreement, provide three professional references, consent to and pass a criminal record check and provide two pieces of identification (one with a photo). All new volunteers are asked to commit to four hours per week for a three-month period.
Volunteer positions at the Purpose Society include:
- Childrens’ Programs – Assist Staff
- Food Bank – Make Up And/Or Distribute Food Bags
- Assistance with creating Posters, Brochures and Newsletters
- Harm Reduction Kits Assembler
- Tutor – General, English, Math
- Cook/Kitchen – Help With Light Lunch/Baking
- Mobile Harm Reduction Van – Assist Staff
- Life-Skills Workshop Facilitator – Assist Staff
- Low Barrier Adult Medical Clinic Receptionist
- School Lunch Program Fundraiser (conduct a meat draw)
- Youth Clinic and Services – Assist Staff
We welcome new ideas. If you have a particular skill or interest you would like to bring to Purpose, please let us know.
For more information contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at 604 526-2522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Come Volunteer With Us And Make A Difference!